Products that actually work - KATE Lash Maximizer

By HuiHui - Sunday, June 04, 2017


Recently, I chanced upon an online article raving about how good the KATE Lash Maximizer is. The reviewer claimed that this lash primer is the best she has ever tried and the lashes do not uncurl!

Now, my lashes are short and stubborn and I could never get them to curl for the whole day (or even curl up properly), so of course after reading this article, I had to try it!

 ...and I must say: I’ve found the holy grail of all holy grail products.

Introducing the amazing KATE Lash Maximizer - White



There is a trick to getting your lashes to curl up so nicely though. The first time I tried the primer, it did nothing for me at all. I was so disappointed but decided to give it one more try - I am super glad I did!

Products used on lashes

Without any primer or mascara applied

Lashes with primer applied on my right eye

Lashes with primer + mascara applied on my right eye - look at the huge difference in the length of my lashes!

After applying primer + mascara on both eyes

tadah~

Follow these directions for pretty lashes:
1) Start with only one side of your eye.
2) Curl your lashes - this step is EXTREMELY important. How high your lashes will curl up in the end depends on how well you curl them now. I am using Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler.
3) Apply the primer in zig-zag motions from the roots upwards till the ends of your lashes - for volumizing.
4) Repeat for the other eye.
5) Back to the first eye - apply the primer from the roots upwards till the ends of your lashes - for lengthening.
6) Repeat for the other eye.
7) You can further lengthen your lashes by applying the primer to the ends of your lashes a few more times.
8) Apply your mascara on top of the primer. I am using Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara Super Waterproof.

Tip: When you are applying the primer, use the brush to hold the curl upwards for 1-2 seconds before letting go. This technique will allow your lashes to hold their curls better. 

Take note that the primer does a very good job of lengthening your lashes + hold the curl but it does not add much volume to your lashes. You can use a volumizing mascara on top of the primer for that purpose.

Lasting power: The curl lasted from 7am till I removed my makeup at about 11pm.

Cost: You can purchase the primer from SaSa for $20.90.

Removing: I use Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara Remover  + Biore Eye & Lip Makeup Remover - works like a charm!

The Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara Remover is another HG product I cannot live without! It practically melted away my mascara after applying it on my lashes and leaving it on for 1-2 minutes. I use the Biore remover to wipe my lashes after just to make sure there are no more traces of eye makeup left - this step is optional. I don’t know what took me so long to discover it but I will never look for any other eye makeup remover again!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Could you pleaseeeeeeeee do a skincare routine and daily makeup routine? Like the products you are using

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sure - will put that under my list of things to post on my blog! Do look out for it. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete

one more happy people on the wayyy~